In this post we’ll see how to create Java project using Maven in Eclipse IDE. For that Maven Eclipse plugin is used which comes pre-installed in Eclipse now.
Steps for creating Java Maven project in Eclipse
- Go to File – New – Maven Project
- In the “New Maven Project” window check “Create a simple project (skip archetype selection)” and click Next.
- In the next window enter group id and artifact id.
- GroupId – This is an Id of project’s group. This ID uniquely identifies the group that may have many sub-projects. For example com.knpcode.spring may contain other projects related to Spring.
- ArtifactId– This is an Id of the project. This ID uniquely identifies a project, for example SpringXML. GroupId + ArtifactId defines the artifact’s location with in the repository for example com.knpcode.spring.SpringXML
- Click finish, project structure will be created as shown below.
One thing that you may need to change is JRE system library which is Java 5 by default. By going to Java build path you can change the library.
That’s all for the topic Create Java Project Using Maven in Eclipse . If something is missing or you have something to share about the topic please write a comment.
You may also like